Homeowners who invest in ‘green’ living are not just helping to save the planet but could be boosting the value of their property. 🌱 🌎Remember, even little steps can make a big difference in protecting our wonderful environment. Upgrading to solar panels and investing in smart-home technology could have a positive impact on both the environment and your power bills. Even simple steps such as adding a compost or vegetable garden may make your property more appealing to buyers when it comes time to sell. ♻️
- Be More Energy Efficient. Lighting makes up around 10% of the average household electricity consumption. Replace halogen bulbs with LEDs and install sensors.
- Think About Solar. Households use 30-50% of the electricity produced by solar panels. The rest is exported back to the grid with energy providers giving credit to offset bills.
- Stop Wasting Water. Rainwater harvesting is key. Tanks allow this natural resource to be collected and used in toilets, washing machines and the garden.
- Heating and Cooling. Underfloor heating is not just a luxury but also reduces emissions – and even better, it can be retrofitted.
- Go Green When Building. Sustainable building materials can be more affordable. Look for green thermal insulation, recycled metal and reclaimed wood.
- Recycle and Reuse. Create a home system to sort waste quickly. Separated into five categories – soft plastics, food waste, glass/paper, and hazardous materials.